Friday, October 17, 2008

Nerd Alert

Although I’ve done a fair amount of complaining since starting my Paralegal classes at the UW, I am really loving being in school again. I hate spending extra hours on the bus every day and I hate getting home late almost every weeknight, but for those nine hours a week that I’m in class, I’m really enjoying myself!

The only problem is that I’m supposed to be spending three hours outside of class for every hour that I spend in class, and let’s be honest… I just haven’t done that so far. So when I turned in my first assignment on Tuesday night I wasn’t feeling overly confident about it. It could have been right on, or alternately, completely off-base.

Last night, the assignment was returned to me. COVERED with red ink. My stomach dropped for a second before I looked closer and realized… I had received a perfect score! Apparently my instructor just loves to give feedback, whether it be negative or positive. Phew! I can’t tell you the sense of relief I felt as I read the “Impressive work – Nice job!” at the bottom of the paper. And to top everything off, there was a red “STAR STUDENT” stamp on top of the paper. How elementary school, but it still put a silly smile on my face. What a nerd.

Now I just have to keep it up until June…

2 comments:

Bayjb said...

Yay for you doing so well on your assignment! I always panic when I see red ink but it's still good to get feedback on things they like even if you did perfect so you know what to include again :)

Sarah Alway said...

Thank you! I know, the red ink completely freaked me out. I think instructors should only be allowed to use blue or black ink. Red is stress-inducing.