Monday, October 13, 2008

Dog's Breath

A few months ago I went to dinner with some girlfriends. At the end of the meal, I pulled out my brand new Clinique lip gloss for reapplication. One of the girls I was with immediately shrieked, “Ewww… I have that same lip gloss, it smells disgusting!!” She pulled out her own Clinique lip gloss to demonstrate. Of course we all took a sniff and yep… the distinct scent of dog’s breath – unmistakable and disgusting!! However, a comparison smell of my own lip gloss revealed that my brand new tube smelled like… nothing. Very strange.

My friend had purchased her lip gloss a few months ago, and after a few more sniffs, giggles and “ewwwws!” we wrote the whole thing off as what must have been a bogus batch of lip gloss. Way to go, Clinique. And I haven’t thought about it since.

Until this morning, when on my way out the door I casually grabbed some lip gloss out of a drawer, applied it to my lips… and immediately smelled DOG’S BREATH! Sick, sick, sick!! I couldn’t believe it! My very same tube of Clinique lip gloss had, over the past couple months, apparently gone bad just like my friend’s! What a bizarre thing to happen to a tube of lip gloss. And disappointing, too, because I really like Clinique’s lip gloss; it’s shiny and much less sticky than other brands.

The other day someone made fun of me for having a tube of watermelon flavored Lip Smackers in my bag. Well yeah, it might be made for 10-year-olds, but at least it doesn’t smell like dog’s breath. Gross.

7 comments:

Erin said...

WEIRD on the lip gloss. My favorite is Tutti Dolci (I think you can get it at Bath and Body works?) which smells like all sorts of delicious.

LOVE the new look of your blog!

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks! It was time for a change. I will have to try out Tutti Dolci...

Bayjb said...

I need to go sniff all of my lip gloss right now. Tutti Dolici is good but is a little greasy and can be a bit strong.

Sarah Alway said...

One of my favorites is Juicy Tubes by LancĂ´me. Pretty pricey ($18 a tube at Sephora) but oh so worth it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a lil late, but I also LOVE Tutti Dolce. Pretty sure they discontinued it though -- sometimes they still carry it during the semi-annual sales and you can stock up on $5 tubes. I also like the scents of Victoria Secret's lipglosses.

Anonymous said...

Oooo I'm definitely a fan of Victoria Secret's lip glosses!

Sarah Alway said...

I like the way Victoria Secret's looks and smells, but it's just a little too sticky for me...