Friday, October 31, 2008

Ballard: The Good Life

I've been adjusting quite well to life in my new neighborhood, and a former classmate recently summed up my transition for me: "Queen Anne is the fast life. Ballard is the good life." I definitely agree, and apparently I'm not the only one.

This week, Ballard made it into the national spotlight, with a beautiful shot of the farmer's market on the front page of the New York Times web site.

The picture linked to an article on Ballard and Fremont, highlighting their "independent-minded kind" and "unique character that still resists complete assimilation." Nice. The Times says each neighborhood is undergoing a kind of "21st-centry renaissance, with shops and restaurants moving in, and a new, often young crowd arriving to live or just to play." (Hey, that's me!)

Love it. Ballard is definitely the good life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah!
This is from Melissa Hamby.
Starting my own blog here.
Not sure the direction I'll be taking with this, but looking just to have some fun...
http://mrshamby.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog today and I absolutely love it! You should be a writer! Stay fabulous!

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I have a journalism degree and have worked as a newspaper reporter, but blogging is the most fun. :-)