Sunday, January 18, 2009

16 Things

Since I took the time to post this random list of facts about myself on my Facebook page, I decided I might as well put it here, too. The rules were one you’ve been “tagged,” you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. So, in random order, here are 16 completely miscellaneous facts about me.
  1. When I was 10 years old, my mom told me that I had another sister I had never met who my parents had given up for adoption when they were in high school. I did not meet her until I was 22. She looks just like the rest of my family.
  2. I am not an organ donor. The concept of organ donation makes my skin crawl. My loved ones have all been informed that if I am ever in a serious accident, I wish to adamantly refuse any organ or tissue donations, even if it could potentially save my life.
  3. I love infomercials and have ordered lots of things off television. Sometimes I watch QVC at night to put myself to sleep because I find it very soothing.
  4. When I was a little girl my mom took us shopping for new school clothes in August and then we picked them up a few weeks later. I didn’t realize until I was an adult that this was because they were put on layaway; my parents couldn’t afford them at the time.
  5. I have an unexplainable phobia of the telephone. I screen my calls and feel anxious when the phone rings. Sometimes I don’t answer calls for any particular reason except I don’t feel like talking.
  6. I dislike children in general and am terrified that this won’t change when I have my own.
  7. I am completely tone deaf, which is a new development. I was in the choir in elementary, middle and high school and was often given solo parts.
  8. Even though I know I shouldn’t, I sleep in my makeup every single night.
  9. I am obsessed with “the end of the world” and think the possibility of the end coming in 2012 is very real. This makes me equally obsessed with analyzing my life and wondering if I am spending my “final days” in the right way…
  10. I’m terrified that I will never find a career that I am truly passionate about.
  11. After 27 years I feel like I am only now starting to figure out who I am, and who I want to be.
  12. Every single day, I feel guilty about what I ate and how much exercise I got. I gained 40 pounds in college and haven’t felt good about my self image ever since.
  13. I love cilantro – I think it’s like cat nip for humans.
  14. I buy Real Change every week and then recycle it without reading it.
  15. I can’t put down a book without finishing it, even if it’s horrible. I still have to force my way through it before starting the next one.
  16. I hate bananas.
There you have it... am I a complete nut case?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too cute. And only mildly nutty!

BTW, you were still hot in college -- I NEVER would've known you'd gained any weight. Besides, I think we were all at our heaviest (and least healthiest) in college!

Sarah Alway said...

Cari, you're so sweet! A liar, but sweet. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! We have so much in common. I hate talking on the phone and don't like kids nor do I ever want to have kids.

Anonymous said...

(XTanging-ina O.k.fine)「17*with .A.T.P Guidance Counsellor#X吐・X止住守。」XMy socalled efiL;]

Brooke said...

oh that will change, i don't really like kids either but now that i'm having one i know i'll be okay. i think it's just bad parenting out there, people let their kids be brats! aah! i won't though!