Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alone & Semi-Creeped Out

I decided to come into work today because (1) I have a huge proposal due next week that I want to make sure I am on top of, and (2) I could really use the overtime. However, now that I’m here, I’ve decided that being alone, on the 27th floor of a downtown high rise, is really creepy.

The only person who knows that I am here is my boyfriend (because he’s supposed to pick me up later). The building is absolutely silent and I had to use a special coded key card to enter. I can’t help but wonder: What would happen if there were an earthquake? A freak tsunami? What if (God forbid) a plane hit the building?!? How long would it take for rescue efforts to commence, when everyone assumes that the tower is empty?

OK – I have to get back to actually working instead of entertaining irrational and unlikely theories in my head. The silence actually is kind of nice. And the view is breathtaking.

1 comments:

*Amy Leigh* said...

I would be creeped out too...I also think of insane scenarios and constantly wonder "what if . . ." and it drives hubs crazy!

Your 16 facts about you updated on my reader, but I didn't see in on your blogger to comment on, so I will say it on here. Yes, you are a freak.

Just kidding.

but aren't we all a little wacko?