Thursday, January 08, 2009

Girl Talk

I ran into an interesting conundrum yesterday afternoon. A friend asked me for boy advice and I wasn’t quite sure what to tell her. I think I’ve been out of the dating game for too long, because I found myself frantically trying to sift through years of dating experiences searching for the right answer.

The question: “Am I overreacting?”

The background: They met on New Years Eve and had a fantastic evening of drinking, dancing, flirting, and laughing. The evening ended with a kiss… and more. Much more. Last weekend consisted of a fantastic date with more great conversation, laughing and flirting. It ended with… well, more. Early this week there was a cute little text message exchange, but now things have tapered off. She feels a little rejected, wondering why he hasn’t called, or tried to make plans. Is he just not that into her? Could he be busy with his job? What’s going on? Is this a fling? Or the real thing?

The answer: I honestly have no idea. I can’t remember the protocol, really. My first instinct was that it’s only Wednesday afternoon, so no need to panic. However, when you really like someone and have slept with them twice in a week, are there certain expectations that need to be met? I felt horrible that I didn’t have better advice.

Help?
Anyone?
Bueller?

4 comments:

Brooke said...

i say "he's just not that into you" don't sleep w/ a man on the first date ladies!!! play a little hard to get :)

Anonymous said...

He got what he wanted and he has moved on! I agree with Brooke.

Anonymous said...

I agree as well! Exactly what I was going to say...

Sarah Alway said...

Update: I talked to my friend today. He called her and they've had a couple more great dates... So we'll see!