Friday, January 16, 2009

Workin' (sort of) Hard for the Money

I realized in shock today that I’ve been at my job for six months already. And since starting my new position I haven’t:
  • Cried in the bathroom/hallway/co-worker’s cubicle
  • Chain smoked in the back of the building
  • Hyperventilated or had a panic attack
  • Placed any frantic phone calls to friends/boyfriend/family members
  • Worked more than 40 hours per week without getting paid overtime
  • Been made to feel like I am a completely incompetent person
I. Love. My. Job.

I know; what a crazy thing to say, but I do. My team and boss are really great. The position is exactly how it was explained to me in the interview, and there is room for many different types of growth depending on what I’m interested in. I don’t feel taken advantage of. I learn something new every day. I am complimented often about my work product and attitude. Most importantly, my boss is not stark raving mad.

Here’s hoping the next six months will be just as great!

0 comments: