Wednesday, February 04, 2009

D is for Diet

I only drink diet soda. Not only due to the fact that I am perpetually trying to lose a pound or two, but mainly because I just think it tastes better. There is just something light and refreshing about diet soda. I feel like regular soda is heavy, sticky, and leaves a film on my teeth and tongue. It’s like drinking syrup.

My favorites are Diet Coke (if it’s out of a can) and/or Diet Pepsi (only if it’s out of a fountain). For some reason Diet Pepsi tastes really funky out of the can; I can’t explain it. But it’s oh-so-delicious when it comes from a fast food restaurant soda fountain. Unfortunately, most of them carry Coca-Cola products.

I’ve noticed recently that you can get diet soda in almost every single flavor. However, I’ve decided not a huge fan of Diet 7-Up or Diet Orange soda… they are both still way too sweet. My boyfriend loves Diet Mountain Dew, but I’ve never been a fan. What I’m waiting for is DIET GRAPE. I absolutely love grape-flavored soda. It’s one of the only kinds I will drink even if it’s not diet. However, I think discovering Diet Grape soda would probably make my year, so let me know if you every come across it.

What’s your take on diet v. regular soda?

5 comments:

Kuck said...

My favorite drink ever is Diet Dr Pepper. And I agree, I dislike Diet Mountain Dew very much. I do like Diet Sunkist, though. And I prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke.

Hm. Interesting.

Sarah Alway said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about Diet Dr. Pepper, that is a good one!

Seattle Swift said...

My favorites: Diet Coke with splenda and Fresca. Fresca is my favorite, it's so refreshing!

*Amy Leigh* said...

I love, love, LOOOOOOOOVE diet coke! Any kind! I say any kind because I am from the part of the country where we call anything "coke", i.e.
Do you want a coke?
Sure what do you have?
Orange coke, sprite, diet pepsi...

See? It doesn't really make sense, but everything is titled "coke".

My favorite is diet coke out of a can, diet pepsi out of a machine, sprite zero out of a bottle and diet mountain dew out of ANYTHING!!! I wrote a post about my addiction to caffeine once, it's not pretty.

ReadyToShelve said...

"I prefer Pepsi. From the fountain."

--Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"