Saturday, February 07, 2009

G is for Gift Certificates

Some people think that gift certificates are an impersonal gift, but sometimes I think they are much better than the “I couldn’t think of anything to get you so I got candles/lotion/some other generic gift” route. I really cleaned up this holiday season in the gift certificate department, but since I’m so busy I haven’t really been able to use any of them yet. The generous stack includes:
  • Nordstrom – This is definitely my favorite department store of all time. Clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, lingerie… how is a girl to choose?!?
  • H&M – I’m super excited about this one because H&M is new to Seattle and I’ve only been there once so far. They have a great selection of work clothes, which is exactly what I need right now…
  • Barnes & Noble ­­– Due to the economy, I recently decided that I was going to start using the library again. But now I can pick up a few books of my own first.
  • El Gaucho - This steakhouse is a Northwest legacy. Fantastic, considering I’ve given up meat. I’m sure they probably have pasta.
  • The Big Picture – This is one of my favorite date places in all of Seattle. A cocktail lounge combined with a theatre; it’s genius! Not only can you grab drinks before the movie, you can even have them scheduled to be delivered to your seat during the movie!
  • The Brooklyn – This seafood, steak and oyster house is in the base of the building that I work in… hello Happy Hour!
  • McCormick & Schmick’s – Ah ha, a seafood restaurant! Since I haven’t given up eating seafood yet I’m actually pretty excited about this one.
How will I ever find the time to spend them all!

1 comments:

Bayjb said...

I'm totally in love with Nordstrom. It is my "happy place." I go there and immediately immerse myself in accessories and enjoy myself and relax.