Thursday, February 05, 2009

E is for Exercise

So far this week I’ve done pretty well in the exercise department. I started out on Sunday evening with a restorative yoga class at The Yoga Tree with my sister. This particular studio has $8 community drop in classes, which is perfect for me because I never know if my weekends are going to allow for any leisure time. I’m also a beginner when it comes to yoga, so the slow-paced restorative class was just what I needed. It focused on breathing, relaxation and gentle stretching… what a perfect way to start the week!

Also, I’ve finally started using my new membership at Core Fitness, which has already started to make me feel better about life. I hit the treadmill on Monday after work and Wednesday on my lunch break. This probably doesn’t sound like much to most people, but it’s pretty much the most consistent week of exercise I’ve gotten since I went back to school. I think my body was really craving some endorphins, too, because I feel much more energized and awake.

Now I just need to keep it up!

2 comments:

*Amy Leigh* said...

It sounds like you are off to a great start! I have been MAJORLY slacking in the working out department, but I am trying to get my butt to Zumba @ least twice a week, but I am EXHAUSTED when I get home! Oh well, this butt won't work itself off...unfortunately.

Sarah Alway said...

That's so funny because I am constantly trying to GROW my booty! I do lots of lunges and squats but nothing seems to help. :-(