Saturday, February 21, 2009

U is for Underwear

I feel like what type of underwear guys prefer is a never ending mystery. I mean, I’m pretty sure that the entire female race is aware that the “enormous, scary, stomach-sucking-in panties” worn by Bridget Jones are never ok to show a member of the opposite sex. Yeesh… who wants to get undressed and come across something that should only be seen on their grandmother, right?
It seems that most women have gone to the opposite extreme… teeny, tiny thong underwear that don’t leave much to the imagination (I’ve spared you the rear view in the below photo, but I’m sure you can picture it for yourself). I, too, went this route for most of college. The boys seemed to appreciate it, and I avoided the dreaded panty line; an absolute no-no.
However, throughout the past few years I’ve been hearing more and more often that many guys prefer a bit more coverage in the female derrière department. Even if this is the case, I have to make the assumption that “granny panties” are still no bueno. I mean just look at these things… Ick. There’s no way a guy thinks this is sexy.
As for my boyfriend, he hates thong underwear and thinks they are super unattractive, on anyone. Whenever I have to wear them for a specific outfit he always pouts. But with the invention of “boy shorts” we’ve been able to reach a happy medium. I definitely don’t have much junk in the trunk, so boy shorts are actually an ok look for me – they cover up just enough but are still cute and sexy. Plus, they are super comfortable and if you get the lace edged once they don’t leave lines under pants.

So I’m wondering, what’s your opinion? Would you change your underwear style for a guy? Do you have a favorite type of undies?

2 comments:

*Amy Leigh* said...

I only wear boy-shorts. I do have some junk in the trunk and I feel like they suit me best. I am a personal fan of Victoria's Secret "Pink" collection for boy-shorts..they are perfect! And, I normally don't wear anything that needs to have hidden panty lines out of principle!!!

Sarah Alway said...

The Pink collection from VS is my fave!