Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Q is for Quotations

As you can see, my blog page contains quotes from one of my favorite shows of all time, My So-Called Life. Here are some other quotations that I feel are especially applicable to my life, or that I just really enjoy:
  • "Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be." ~Carrie Bradshaw, Sex & the City."
  • "The space between, the tears we cry is the laughter keeps us coming back for more..." ~Dave Matthews, The Space Between lyrics.
  • "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." ~Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken (It’s important to note that I hate poetry, and this is one of the only poems I’ve ever really appreciated. I wrote an essay about it once in college).
  • "You instill me with awe and humility every time you share your brilliance, and I know I will never eclipse you." ~Steve, a very good friend of mine. This is not about me, but I think it is exceptionally beautiful.
  • "You can be anywhere when your life starts. You just have to find the right person and then anything is possible..." ~ Kirsten Dunst in Crazy/Beautiful.
  • "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." ~Anonymous, but just since a nice and heart-warming idea…
  • “In the world according to Garp, we are all terminal cases.” ~John Irving, The World According to Garp, one of my favorite novels of all time.
  • "Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." ~Carrie Bradshaw, Sex & the City.

If anyone would care to share some of their favorite quotes I would love to add to my collection!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the conversation we had the last time we spoke? The last quote you posted by our fav gal is precisely what I was trying to say. I might not have been as eloquent about it, but if you needed reassurance that what I was saying was true, who better to get it from than Carrie?