Wednesday, February 11, 2009

K is for Karma

I totally believe in karma, and I think about it all the time. I love the idea that it is the “law of moral causation” or in other words, people are accountable for their own actions. Basically, in this world everything happens for a reason, and we ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and/or misery. We are the architects of our own fate.

According to the laws of karma, every act done will eventually return to the doer with equal impact. I try to keep this in mind as I go about my day to day life. I remember “what goes around comes around” and try to only put positive energy into the world. And since I’m really happy with my life right now, it seems to be working!

Note: Sorry for two back-to-back episodes of “The World According To Sarah,” but I really struggled to think of something for the letter K. Runner-up contenders were:

  • K is for Knock on wood – referencing how nice the winter weather has been
  • K is for Kids – referencing how much I dislike them

2 comments:

Seattle Swift said...

I am a firm believer in karma myself. It makes me think twice about my actions and also makes me feel better when people are mean! P.S. I love your alphabet blogging!!

Bayjb said...

I am also a huge karma believer. When it goes my way, I always make sure to pay it forward.