Monday, February 23, 2009

W is for Wakesurfing & Weekend

Of course I couldn't possibly blog about the letter W without including something about my absolute favorite summertime activity: Wakesurfing! Oh, summer, how I've missed you... My friend Brett is de-winterizing his boat on April 1st, and I am anxiously counting down the days. Until then, here's a video of me in action shortly after I learned how to wakesurf last summer. Even though I crash and burn at the end, I'm still able to save the beer! Classy, I tell ya...

We call this "Wakesurfing & the Amazing Bud Light Save..."


In other news...

I have no idea how I was able to pull it off, but somehow I was able to have an incredibly friend-filled weekend. My social life this quarter has been pretty drab, to say the least, but for the past few days I actually was able to spend some quality time with quite a few friends, which was a nice change of pace.

I spent Friday night in Belltown celebrating Rich McNish's birthday with our entire summertime crew. Wow... winter pictures make everyone look so... pale.
On Saturday went to the movies with Shannon and checked out her new place. Then later that night I went to Jillian's birthday party. She's a little crazy...
Sunday, I had brunch to catch up with my friend Allison, who recently moved back from Chicago. Then later that evening we had dinner with Brett & Crystal.

Even though I should have spent the entire weekend working on my Discovery project, spending time with my friends was remarkably refreshing and completely worth it. Sometimes, you just need a mental break, I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you're such a badass! I had no idea.... love the beer toss!

ADeskJockey said...

Sarah, that video was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. You are a badass.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the houndstooth coat. So cute! Oh, and the video was sweet, too ;)

Seattle Swift said...

Wow, that video is awesome!! How did you actually manage to save the beer?!

Brooke said...

great video!! you saved the beer!! i want to try that! no one does that around here! :( And it's sooo freaking HOT here in the summer that I need an activity like this!!

Sarah Alway said...

Well I guess I should probably admit I was less concerned about wasting half a beer and more concerned about littering the can in the river. But it was still a pretty random and exciting feat to catch on film!

Kuck said...

That video was awesome.

I bow to you lol.