Thursday, February 26, 2009

Z is for Zodiac

I’ve always been slightly wary of zodiac signs and what they represent or mean to a person’s life. My sign is Sagittarius, the archer. Traditional Sagittarius traits include optimistic and freedom-loving, jovial and good-humored, honest and straightforward, intellectual and philosophical. However, Sagittarius can also be blindly optimistic and careless, irresponsible and superficial, tactless and restless. Hmmmmm.

I suppose all of these traits could apply to me at one point or another, but then again… so could those of any sign. This is what makes me kind of skeptical. I feel like no matter when I read the weekly horoscopes in a newspaper or magazine, I read my own first and it seems to somehow or another apply exactly to what is currently going on in my life. Then out of boredom I continue on to check out the other signs. What do you know… the descriptions of these signs seems to fit as well!

Ah ha. It seems that horoscopes are written so broadly and generically it would be hard not to be able to apply them and feel like, by some miracle, the stars have aligned for you. I don’t know if I’m buying it. Plus, even though there are lots of things about Sagittarius that are similar to my personality, there are many that are not like me at all. What’s your opinion?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey SarahBeth,
The ABC Blogging has been great!
bek

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks, it was fun! Now I'm going to have to figure out something clever to do next...

Brooke said...

that's true, there is some word for it, we learned about it in my psychology class, but I can't remember what they call it.. but they make them so vague that they relate to anyone. Me and my brother were born on the same day, so we are the same sign, but not all the same things happen to us at the same time and we are not completely alike.. how can EVERYONE that is the same sign be like you? that would be crazy!!